Developments & trends in the professional sector - and what hobbyists can easily adopt
Our product developer Robert Gorgos is not only an absolute expert when it comes to sports nutrition science, but also still very active as a competitive athlete. This has the advantage that he can extensively test each of his new formulations in performance himself. At the same time, he accompanies the Tour de France team of bora-hansgrohe as a nutrition expert in cycling.
We are also particularly looking forward to our second guest, ex-professional cyclist Johannes Fröhlinger. The Gerolsteiner native can look back on more than 13 professional years in the Beletage. He competed in 15 Grand Tours during this time (14 of which he finished). Johannes is currently training to become a cycling coach and works as a sports officer for the Baden-Württemberg Triathlon Association.
In our next online training, we’ll talk about optimal nutrition in cycling. We also follow the developments & trends in training and competition nutrition in professional cycling. And we look into the question of what hobbyists can easily adopt for themselves.
Date and time: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. (Duration: approx. 1 hour including Q&A session with participants).
- What did the training and competition food look like when Johannes started his career
- What has changed in the last ten years
- Which scientific findings led to this professionalization, also in nutrition
- What was in the drinking bottle back then and what is in it today
- How to calculate your carbohydrate consumption
- How to eat and regenerate optimally after the competition
- Last, but not least: Valuable tips from Johannes from 13 years as a pro